Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Leftover Dip

I was invited to a party Sunday afternoon and was asked to bring something to munch on.  No problem.  I whipped up some dip threw some carrots in a matching bowl and off I went.  When the party was over, there was still plenty of dip leftover.

Tonight I decided to use that leftover dip to make supper.

I had unused boneless, skinless, chicken thighs in the fridge.  You really could use chicken breasts if you wanted.  I had thighs so that's what I used.  Put the chicken in a greased dish.


 There are about 6 thighs in here.

Next take the leftover dip and "ice" the chicken with it.

Use as much dip as you want.  As for the type of dip, this happens to be a discontinued line from Tastefully Simple called Go Go Asiago.  You could also use french onion or even ranch dip just as easily. 


Since I was using leftovers anyway, I had some extra sharp cheddar cheese left from some grilled cheese sandwiches we had a few nights ago.  So I shredded some and added it to the top of the chicken.



Preheat oven to 350* and cook the chicken for 30-45 minutes or until juices are clear.  Thighs are closer to 30 minutes. Breasts would lean towards 45.



Nervously I presented my leftover dip dish to my family. 
I would show you a picture of what was left, but there wasn't any. 
Even my picky eater loved it.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment